Saturday

Insert Clever Title Here.... *smile*

Speaking of clever title, I am still needing to name this blog... Why can't I think of anything. I just haven't a clue. So, I was going to make Tortellini Soup tonight but I have to thaw out the spinach first. I think I'll wait and make it tomorrow or Monday. If I can remember to grab the spinach out of the freezer and place it in the fridge.

Here is the recipe:
Tortellini Soup

Total Preparation Time: Less than 15 minutes
Actual Cooking Time: 15 to 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
Origin: Italian
Special Features: Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
Kids can help make it
Nutrition Content: Good Source of Calcium
Low Fat
Meal Type: Soups & Stews
Ingredients

2 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 tablespoons Butter
2 (13 1/2oz) cans Chicken or beef broth
1 (8oz) package Fresh or frozen cheese tortellini, thawed
1 (10oz) package Fresh or frozen spinach, thawed
1 (16oz) can Stewed tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation

In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook and stir garlic in butter for 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and tortellini; heat to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Add spinach and tomatoes; simmer an additional 5 minutes. Serve topped with cheese.

Nutrition Information

Calories: 165 ; Total Fat: 3 g ; Saturated Fat: 1 g ; Carbohydrates: 23 g ; Protein: 10 g ; Calcium: 173 mg ; Sodium: 519 mg ; Fiber: 3.5 g Contributed By: DCC

Sounds good... Doesn't it!? It will be my first time making it... However not tonight. Instead, I'll make Montreal Chicken and some Mac N Cheese. Starting that as soon as I get done with this post.

It was great to sleep in this morning. I woke up several times though. Well, first off I woke up a few times to go to the rest room... then I had a charlie in my foot and also woke up coughing several times. Yes, it is that season. My allergies are not good... LOL I think both Travis and I have an upper respiratory infection as well!! Can't wait until it is warm again! Anyone want this weather? I'll give it to you free!

After we got up and got ready, we went over to Jim's house for Trevor's 5th birthday... :) It was nice. He made Spaghetti and Garlic Bread and had a really good cupcake cake. We got Trevor a Cars puzzle and a Veggietales DVD! Hopefully, he'll get around to working the puzzle and watching the DVD. It was nice to have something to do on a Saturday. I was great to fellowship with some other people.

Well, I may write another post after dinner... I know I do have to study my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. Talking about connecting to friends this next 4 weeks. Hopefully, my Preteens can make the right connections.

Until later,

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Doll, I think you must make the font a bit darker, I am struggling to read a bit! Yes I do have my glasses on LOL!! ;)
No I'm just struggling to see what you've written actually

Roxanna said...

What color are you reading??? LOL :D