Friday

Crockpot Green Beans (Roxy Style)

Hey everyone,

I made these green beans a couple days ago. I went to Jungle Jims and they were on sale for .59 cents a pound and couldn't pass that up! Enjoy. Even my husband liked them and he doesn't like green beans. HAHA So I think I got the grade! Let me know what you think!

Sorry that I didn't get this to you last night :)

Crockpot Green Beans (Roxy style)

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons of diced onion (you can use more if you want)
32 Ounces of Chicken Broth. (this is what makes them amazing)
2 pounds of fresh green beans (you could use cans or frozen too)
1 pound of tiny potatoes
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Tablespoon of Butter/Margarine
Bacon Pieces or Ham (I used about 3 tablespoons of real bacon pieces)

Rinse and cut ends of green beans and place into crockpot. Add potatoes on the top.

Pour on top the 32 oz of chicken broth. Add the onion.
Add your meat choice. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add butter on top. Place lid on the crockpot.

Cook on High for 5 hours. (you could also cook on low for probably 8 or 9 hrs)

I am sure that you could do the same on the stove however I am not sure how long or on what setting you would use since I did mine in the crockpot. If you make these let me know how you like them!!!


Have a happy day,

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am for sure going to try these! Sounds yummy!