Wednesday

Easy Weeknight Meal :)

This is really easy to put together, it just takes a little time to cook the pasta and then bake it. Mmmm.

Photobucket

Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake

8 oz uncooked penne/rigatoni (I used the Barilla Wheat Penne Pasta)
1 T olive oil
1 c chopped onion
1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed and drained
3 c cooked chicken breast (I used canned chicken breast)
1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
1 (8 oz) container Philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
½ t salt, ½ t pepper
1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese

Prepare pasta according to pkg directions. Spread oil on bottom of 11x17 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to large bowl/pot, set aside.

Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels if you feel you need too. Stir in cooked pasta, spinach, chicken, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes and cream cheese into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into 11x17 dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes; uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly. I only baked it 8 more minutes ;-) Enjoy.

Let me know if you like it. My husband thought it was good... He ate like 3 helpings!

Please Follow my Blog if you don't already :) Check out the other recipes I posted this month.

Have a Happy Day,


11.23.11 - Today I am thankful for life.

No comments: