Tuesday

Something Fantastical

In January, my husband and I were invited to a Minister's Holiday Party (January Jingle- such a cute name.) We had to bring an appetizer and dessert. For the appetizer, I took the Buffalo Chicken Dip that I have posted on my blog in the past. I wanted to take something different than the Eclair Cake that I usually take to these sort of events for the dessert. Besides, last year I took the Eclair Cake and it wasn't touched because someone else had brought one too. So, I remembered a recipe that I was given for a really, really good dessert and I am going to share that with you. It got rave reviews at the party!


So, here is a recipe for Something Fantastical (aka Cream Cheese Squares)

Ingredients:
2 (8 oz) cans refridgerated crescent roll dough
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. (I used a slightly smaller one.)

Press one can of the crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared pan. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread over the crescent layer. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down. Pour the melted margarine over the entire pan. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.

Bake in the over for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is crisp and golden.

From start to finish about 45 minutes.
Serves: 24
Nutritional Info:
Calories: 213
Total Fat: 14.2g
Cholesterol: 21mg
Sodium: 246mg
Total Carbs: 18.4g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
Protein: 2.8g

Doesn't it look delicious!? Go to the store, get these ingredients and make this... you won't be disappointed especially if you like cheesecake. My Pastor's Wife said that this was better than the piece of cheesecake she had at the party. She actually had seconds of my dessert. Shhhhhhh... ;-)

Have a happy nite,

No comments: