Thursday

Recipe: Smokey Mountain Chicken

Something I've been wanting to share for a while now! I can't remember when the first night it was that I fixed it. But, it is my favorite chicken recipe now! Hands down. You need to try it. It is simple to make. Low in carbs. Very Yummy!! I gave the recipe to my MIL this week and she made it and said it is a favorite of hers now. She really liked it. It is supposedly a mock recipe for the restaurant Ruby Tuesday. I've not tried this dish there and I don't think it is still on their menu. Please let me know if you have ever had this there!

Mock Ruby Tuesday's Smokey Mountain Chicken

3-4 thin chicken breasts
BBQ sauce (I use Montgomery Inn)
Onion and Pepper Slices
Swiss Cheese
Bacon (I use Turkey Bacon)
Salt, Pepper

I lined a cooking sheet with parchment paper, however you can just spray it with Pam, add 3-4 thin chicken breasts , salt and pepper the chicken. Then I put onion and pepper slices on them (this can be skipped if you don't like them, I don't add them for hubby. He doesn't like them.) Then add about a tablespoon of BBQ Sauce on top. Then I put 2 slices of turkey bacon on top of that. You can use regular bacon. Okay, it is ready to cook on 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes. Then put a slice of swiss cheese on it and put back in oven for 5 minutes. And once that is melted, it is done and ready to enjoy! You can add any two sides to the meal that you want. I usually do Broccoli and some sorta potato :)
Side note: Rotel can be used instead of bbq to give it some kick. Also you can buy onions & peppers frozen in a bag that has Italian seasoning if you want.

This would go great with my dessert Something Fantastical!
Enjoy and let me know in the comments how it tasted :)
Have a happy day,

No comments: