Wednesday

Abraham's Obedience

Downstairs tonight in Children's church I talked about Abraham and his inheritence that was promised. Abraham went into an area he didn't even know. I want to do the same if God says to. To be able to move not know where I am going. I am not talking about a physical move. But a move in faith. A move in my walk with Him.

I talked about how God told Abraham to take Issac to the mountain and sacrifice him. Abraham had faith in God and obeyed him. My friend Missy was down there with me and said, "I couldn't do it." Honestly, I couldn't do it either. What an example of faith was shown. I am sure that Abraham was thankful that God put a ram in the thicket. But to have that faith and obedience in God, what an example. This is what I desire.

‎"And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me." ~Genesis 22

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he shold after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went." ~Hebrews 11:8

Faith
Obedience
Mercy


Have a happy nite,

No comments: