Monday

Thinking about him!! Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. It is also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month! I don't think it gets enough attention due to the fact that October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Anyway, today at 7PM light a candle for those who have lost a baby due to still birth & miscarriage. I know I'll be participating!

I've been thinking about my little guy today. Well, there is hardly a day that goes by that I don't. There are always those reminders. It is hard sometimes because I know around what age he would be with his due date having been my birth date. And seeing other toddler's around that age is one of the reminders. But, instead of a lot of grief there have been a lot of smiles. I can smile because of the fact that I got to carry him as far as I did and I know he has a lot of tender loving care right now.

I have a couple sonogram pictures that I haven't shared with you. I haven't shared them on Facebook either. I feel that I want to share them on my blog today. I've been meaning to for a while now. This sonogram was done 12 hours before I miscarried.

David Ahaziah

His cute profile.

His cute face.

His adorable little foot!

Check out Missy's Video about Helping Friends Cope with Loss. If you are struggling with words to comfort your friend, wife, daughter, or just someone that has loss, I think the best thing you can do is be a listener. That is one of the points she makes in her video. You can find her blog here: http://missysbump.blogspot.com She just started making videos and I think she wouldn't mind me letting you all know about her and them. She lost a two babies. You can see her story on her Youtube Channel and blog.

That is all for now, I've got to get back to cleaning!

Have a happy nite,

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh those special ultrasound pictures! Thank you for sharing. It's been awhile since I looked at the ultrasound pictures of my little "lamb" I didn't get to carry to term, think I will llok at them later tonight.