Wednesday

Are We Really Thankful?

Long day at work today! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day and I am thankful to be off work and able to spend time with my hubby & his side of the family. We are going over to our uncles place for dinner tomorrow. My MIL is making all the food and taking it over there. Hopefully, it will all turn out all right. Food time is at 4PM.

We said goodbye to Karen at work today. She got a job in the other building doing Customer Service. We will meet up with her for lunch though. We also said goodbye to Casey. He might come back but isn't sure. He is going back to school. I was given cards to give to them from our department at work.

Church was this evening. I was sick practically the whole time. I couldn't really focus on Bro. Nelson (my Pastor's bro-in-law who came into town for the holiday.) He taught about God providing. I still don't feel that great even after eating dinner. Oh well.

I was reading the Good Morning Girls Bible Plan on Youversion and came upon a couple of scriptures that I thought I would share.

Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

I Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Are we really thankful? Do we give thanks when things are going wrong or only when things are going right? If we give thanks even when things are going wrong than we are thankful. The Bible says in I Thessalonians that IN EVERY THING GIVE THANKS. What is exempt from every thing? Nothing at all. I pray that the Lord reminds me of this when bad things happen and I don't feel like thanking him. It is the will of God that we thank him for every thing. Be ye thankful.

Thanksgiving Day 27: I am thankful to be off work tomorrow. I have worked Retail for several years prior to the IRS and didn't like having to work on the holidays. I feel bad for those who have to work tomorrow. Wish every one could stay home with family and friends.

Have a happy nite,


No comments: