Wednesday

A Fun Weekend & Shingles

So, Ladies Retreat was this past Friday and Saturday in Louisville. Sis. Lori Wagner spoke twice on Friday and Sis. Nan Pamer spoke twice on Saturday. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza this year. It was really nice. The food that was served was really good. I think it was better than what the Galt house served.  I have a few pictures to share from the weekend and I will post them and write more about the Ladies Retreat in another post.

At sometime I ended up developing Shingles on my left arm.  So apparently I have had Chicken Pox before? I don't remember having them. Oh well. I noticed a couple red spots on Friday morning. But I thought they were just sweat pimples. Well when I came back I noticed the area had looked worse and blistered/inflamed as the days went on. Monday I called off work because I had indigestion from Sunday night pizza. But I noticed my arm was sore and didn't look good then. I went to work yesterday and just noticed it being more painful and it had spread to a spot on my back and another spot in another area of the arm.

So, I called off work today and made an appointment. To be honest, we thought it was a centipede or spider bite at first. But the doctor told me today that I have shingles. She gave me medicine that is specifically for drying the shingles out. She told me to take Aleve or Advil for pain.  I am supposedly not contagious to anyone except for pregnant women. This is not good since I shared a bed at the hotel with my 8 month along pregnant friend! And I hung out with her all weekend long. But, I didn't have any exposed skin near her. The doctor said she should be okay since they were just starting and there was no blistering.

I am supposed to decorate for her baby shower on Saturday and attend the shower. I don't know what I'll be doing now. I don't want to put her in risk of getting them. We go to church together. I decided to stay home from church tonight since the shingles still have blisters on them and I am running a slight fever. I will have to go to work the rest of the week though because I don't have any time available to take off anymore. That makes me sad. I wish I could stay home.  I hope no one else gets them!

Please say a prayer for me! Should I attend the baby shower or not?!

Have a happy day,

No comments: