Saturday

26 week pregnancy update and baby bump picture

Date: November 1, 2014

Due Date: January 31, 2015

How Far Along: 27w today but doing this update for 26 weeks :) Was too tired last night to blog... lol

Bump Pic: Here is a picture of me at 26w4d pregnant. 



What I miss: Miss buffets and not having to watch my sugar so closely... Yes, I am a diabetic but sometimes you just want to eat what you want... and a buffet sounds good. lol 

Baby’s Size: Cucumber

Symptoms: Shortness of breath, some lower back pain and sciatica near my right hip still. I don't think I have mentioned it but I have had chapped lips since probably 11 or 12 weeks on. I heard it is common during pregnancy.... I had a charlie horse this week too.

Weight Gain: I weighed 217.4 at my OBGYN! lol  So I was a couple pounds down from the Perinatal center... I am still going by that scale though. So who knows if I lost anything since being weighed at 219.

Maternity Clothes: I have started wearing maternity clothes. Some regular clothes still fit me. I tried the 3 skirts from my friend and I just don't like how they fit me... :( So I think I need to hunt for a couple more skirts. Still haven't found something for the baby shower but I have a general idea of what I am going to wear if I don't find something. 

Cravings: At some point this week, I wanted a Frappuccino so bad that it was 15 minutes before Starbucks closed and hubby went in and got me one... I still like the chocolate and Mexican. 

Food Aversions: I can eat anything right now.

Gender: BOY

Medical Happenings: I had my OBGYN appointment on Friday the 24th. The doctor I saw was really nice (there are 5 of them that I have to meet during the pregnancy.) I actually would prefer her to be the one at delivery. The nurse who took my blood pressure and weight and my OBGYN  convinced me to get a flu shot. So I got that during the visit. 
I asked the doctor about my concern with Yonatan being breech and when I should be worried. She said about 36-37 weeks is when I should worry. He should be head down then. If not then they will discuss somethings with me about helping him. She also said that sometimes the babies will flip day of delivery. That is crazy! She used the doppler to check his heartbeat. She gave up at one point and was going to check on an ultrasound room but they were full. So she came back and tried again and was able to find his heartbeat. She said it sounded good.
I also was sent to the lab to get some blood work done. My blood work showed that my Iron is low. So they put me on an iron pill. 
I called Nancy this past Monday and my NPH insulin was changed to 58 units in the morning. I don't think I have been adding that extra unit since when I took it on Tues.. oops...  
My next appointment is on Nov. 3rd at the Perinatal center. I will have an ultrasound for the growth of Yonatan and also for followup. My next OBGYN appt is on November 20th.  

Emotional Stuff: Oh Yes, emotional this week. I can't remember what started it but I was really emotional and crying. My poor husband... haha 

Belly Button – In or Out?: In! 

Movement: He is still moving so much. Hubby got to feel him moving. How special! 

Sleep: Tossing and turning still.

What I am looking forward to: Still looking forward to finding a new bigger place so we can start his nursery. November 15th is my baby shower and I have registered at Babie's R US, Target, Walmart & online at Amazon.com!

I've got to get my scanner fixed...so I can scan in ultrasounds! Have a happy day!

No comments: