Thursday

I'll See You Again In Heaven

So I said I would explain why I was emotional and why I looked so rough in my 38 weeks pregnancy picture. You see that day, Saturday Jan. 17th, we had our all-day Lamaze class at the hospital. Well, we went in at 9AM and were there until a little after 1PM. We were supposed to be there until 4 and also have a tour of the Birthing Center. That tour never happened and for us the class didn't continue after our lunch break. While on break, I noticed I had about 5 missed calls from back in WV.  I also had a couple texts telling me to call Robin ASAP because it is an emergency. It was bad news.

My dad had went into the hospital on Wednesday, the day after his birthday.  He was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure again which we already had figured that was the case. Robin got a call from the hospital telling her that she needed to go to the hospital as soon as possible on Saturday afternoon. At some point, Dad turned for the worse over night on Friday and was moved to ICU. He did manage to get up and go to the restroom on Saturday morning, taking his IV with him. I was told that he went back to his bed and things progressed fast. Dad's heart stopped and oxygen stopped flowing to his brain. They tried all they could do to resuscitate him.

So that is why I look rough in the picture and that is why I have had such an emotional week. To top it off, I didn't get to go to the viewing yesterday because it wasn't recommended for me to travel being so close to delivery. Since he has chosen cremation, we are going to have a graveside service later down the road once Yonatan is here. I wish Yonatan could have met his Pappy though. He had dementia the last several years but Dad was excited about my pregnancy when we would talk about it.

I miss my Dad. Wish I could have seen him more in the last 11 years that I have been down here in KY. The timing of his death is possibly the worst timing of all but I know that God's thoughts and ways are not like ours. His timing is not like ours. He will do what He chooses to do. He will take people at His timing. I know that I'll see Dad again in heaven. What a wonderful reunion he must have had with my Mom. And also getting to meet our little angel, David Ahaziah, now that must have been special. And getting to see my grandma Sarah (Dad's mom) again that he so often talked about. What a time he is having... Love you Dad.






No comments: