Tuesday

Yonatan's One to Three Month Update

I wish I would have took some notes because time has just flown by and I obviously can't remember everything. I can't believe my baby is 3 months old! I should have updated for month one and two separately but I've been busy taking care of him. Yonatan is such a happy little guy lately. He smiles a lot. He has been babbling away. He has been using his tongue when he talks. It is the cutest thing. Also, the other day I had just put him down on his tummy and turned to get two of his toys and when I turned back around he had rolled over! I missed it. He hasn't done it since though. He has started to bring things to his mouth... ex. he brings his fists to his mouth and then puts one hand in his mouth takes it out and puts the other in. So cute. I love watching him. He brings his toys to his face and just talks away at them. He is so cute when playing with them.

Yonatan's getting into a routine. Or at least I have been noticing it lately. Surprisingly he sleeps very well throughout the night. He takes 2-2.5 hr naps during the day which is great. I wish I could say he is exclusively being breastfeed but he has only latched and nursed a few times. He is hungry when he is hungry and doesn't even want to try to latch on. I pump and supplement with formula because I don't have much of a supply. He is eating every 4 to 5 hours throughout the day. He doesn't wake up for a night feeding. Hopefully that doesn't change.

Going back over the course of the last few months in my mind, it amazes me just how fast he has grown. I have literally watched his cheeks chub up and his hair fall out and start to come back in. He is getting so big. I am just lucky that he was small enough to wear newborn size clothes for a while. He has been in 0 to 3 month clothes for over 1 and a half months and is still in that size.. Hopefully will be for a while longer. He is in size 1 diapers now but will probably be going to size 2 soon. His eye color is still blue. I am hoping it stays that way. His hair is a light brown but has a red highlight to it. My hair was like that when I was younger.

At his 2 month appointment, Yonatan weighed 11 lbs 8 oz, was 23 1/4 inches long and had a 15" head circumference. He is probably over 12 lbs now and definitely longer. See, what I mean, he is getting so big! He has a bit of a lazy eye that I am hoping will correct itself. I have noticed him being really drooly lately. I guess I better prepare for that teething stage soon enough.

Things he has liked:
Feet rubbed (Especially when he was smaller.)
Playing with his little toys... Koala, Fox Blankie & Giraffe.
Being swaddled at night in the SwaddleMe
Talking to his Mommy & Daddy

Things he hasn't liked:
Being burped
Taking a bath
Tummy Time. Hoping this will all change soon.

He brings such joy into my husband and I's life. I wish I didn't have to go back to work but I went back to work on the 16th of March. I am only working 20 hours a week so it isn't so bad. But, my heart isn't in it and I can't wait for my work day to be over with as soon as I get there. I am sure I am not the only momma that has ever felt this way. Wish I could stay home with him. I feel as if I will miss milestones and that breaks my heart.

Here are a few pictures from the last three months!










A picture from today: 4/28






I may add more in another post because we are having internet problems!

Happy 3 Months Yonatan Asher!


If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

No comments: